Sunday, November 18, 2007

SILVERADO IS AMAZING




What a GREAT experience I had yesterday.


OH MY GOSH ....


I don't know where to begin ... let me just start rambling.


Did a photoshoot at The Silverado Senior Living Center of some of the Residents with their Families. The experience surpassed my wildest expectations on all levels. I came away with some absolutely amazing photos, and a renewed sense of the meaning of love. These pictures sooooooooooo tell their own stories, however for privacy reasons I won't be posting any of them. I can't stop going through the photos over and over. These people have no idea the gift they gave me that day. And we are heading back on December 15th to do it again.

Knowing it is near impossible for families to get these type of pictures taken with their loved ones, this is where Pam, Jeff and I came in. We ventured in to do portrait photography as a service to the families. None of us are portrait photography shooters so the fun began there. We know a cherished photo is absolutely priceless, and oh my gosh, did it feel good to do this. My hats go off to caregivers everywhere ...... They are special people for sure.

And thank you Pam and Jeff for jumping on board with this whole thing.

Regarding Silverado, I was more than impressed with the facility and staff.
http://www.silveradosenior.com/communities/the_woodlands/woodlands.htm
This place has 2 dogs, 1 cat, a bunny, aviary full of birds, and a bevy of colorful fish in a huge aquarium. Personal pets are welcome to visit too. How cool is that? Jeff said he was thinking of turning in his application for residency. That sounds like a great idea, I wonder if they would make me clean my own room and make my own bed ?

Here are a couple of photos of 2 of the facility residents ..... Rusty and Mango. I will let you figure if you know which is which.


Final note to self at the end of this day:
Any photographer has great power with camera in hand ... wow, something to think about.

www.susanlong.net

No comments: