Sunday, January 6, 2008

Destination Baytown

Call us nuts....that would be a pretty good assessment. Sharon and I went on a fun photoshoot Saturday morning. Got up at 4am to be in place by sunrise. Dragged my grandson Tristan to go with us, he is a real trooper. Destination: Baytown Nature Center. Not my cup of tea photographing wildlife, but certainly interested in scouting out new places and spending time with friends. I needed a break, I have been doing lots and lots of photo processing......


The history of this place is pretty intriguing. Originally cattle ranch, then sub-division, and then finally after years of floods and hurricanes, it was 'returned' to nature. There are remnants of the old subdivision still visible. Houses are gone, but slabs, old roads, some structures still exist.

Then I spent alot of time shooting 'textures' to add to my collection that I just started. They are used as 'overlays' in photoshop to enhance the character of photos. Non-photographers really think you're nuts when you photograph walls and dirt.


San Jacinto Monument across the bay from Baytown Nature Center


My longest lens is 300mm, so here is my 'token' wildlife photo for the day
Misty in the morning
Here are a few of the many fun 'textures' that I shot that day



Thanks for coming along Tristan, it is always fun having you around.

1 comment:

Karelle Photography said...

I like the misty road. Now, where are the pictures that you used the textures on?