Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In Memory - MaryJo

Kathy, Gretchen, Jennifer, Mary – your mom will be missed by many, and I was saddened to hear what happened. I feel compelled to tell you a little about the day of the December photoshoot with your mom. She was 2nd up of 12 families in the morning with their furbabies and other critters. She told me a little about Kaiser, being a rescue dog and that he was a little more than timid, it was obvious she loved that pooch. Nothing doing, she did not want her picture taken, just Kaiser. Oh no, that wouldn’t fly with me. A special voice whispered to me insisting that I get her in at least one shot. I was not as persistent with others but I was with your Mom. Why is that? I truly believe it was no coincidence, God whispered to me that day. I heard. I hope this and the other photos I took will be of some comfort to all of you.

I am certain, (considering the little I knew of your mom), that she was the best mom she knew to be, loving all of her daughters with everything she had. Certainly she was blessed to be part of a family that loved her so much. That cool group of folks at her office will miss her tremendously. Everytime I saw your mom, she always greeted me with a kind word and a smile.

She's not here with you now although she'll be in your hearts always. I
heard she had a great Christmas with the four of you, and that she took that long awaited trip to Italy with her sisters.......Awesome, she was living life.

As a final note, she's bound to be watching over you from now on with an even more protective eye. I am sure her greatest wish for you right now is peace. Listen for her.
Your Mom will be ok. My love and prayers to you, her sisters and all other family and friends.


Susan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan, thank you for that sweet tribute, and for the photo. Mom had mentioned having these pictures taken with you, and yes, she was complaining that you insisted she appear in some of them, but I think she was really looking forward to seeing them. She would have liked this.
However hard it is to see this picture today, in this context, it will be a great comfort soon. Thank you again for your beautiful words and work.

Jennifer Butler

Mbsmith said...

Susan~
Thank you for the photo and warm words about my mother. You captured her and her sweet boy so very well. This was a very happy and tearful surprise for me and my sisters but we are so very grateful for what you have given to us. Thank you.

Mary